Bedford Heights, Ohio
Reminiscent of nothing so much as the surface of Jupiter, this rich swirling effect is guaranteed to take any floor up a notch.
- Elite Crete Thin Finish cement overlay, mixed with 0.5 oz. Elite Crete Portion Control Colorant: Desert Beige
- Elite Crete E-100 VB-6 epoxy: clear
- Elite Crete E-100 UV-1 epoxy: clear
- Elite Crete Reflector Enhancer: Brass, Gunmetal and Moss
- Elite Crete Hydra Stone dye stain: Chocolate Brown
- Required equipment: spray bottle
- Grind, acid etch and neutralize your substrate.
- Apply one coat of the colored Thin Finish, and let dry before applying a second coat.
- Apply one coat of the VB-6 epoxy at a thickness of 12 mils and let dry.
- Make sure you have everything you need for the next several steps close at hand. The process has to be done quickly due to the fact that epoxy has about a 15-to-20-minute window of workability.
- Mix each color in a separate 2-quart batch. For the Brass, add 2 teaspoons of Reflector Enhancer to 2 quarts of UV-1 epoxy. For the Gunmetal, 1 teaspoon of Reflector Enhancer to 2 quarts of UV-1 epoxy. And for the Moss, 2 teaspoons of Reflector Enhancer to 2 quarts of UV-1 epoxy.
- Apply one coat of clear UV-1 epoxy and then, while the epoxy is still wet, it's time for the color. Drizzle each of your colors randomly across the surface. (Remember, work quickly!)
- Once your Reflector Enhancer colors are drizzled, lightly mist the surface with the Hydra Stone. Use a Windex-type spray bottle for this application - you only need a very small amount of the Hydra Stone.
- Finally, using a steel trowel, lightly trowel the floor to mix the colors together and achieve the marbling. Let it set.